Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Water anyone?

A very unique sight I see when traveling to and from and around the city of Kuwait.

I can’t help myself when I see one to point it out.  There are so many different types. One Friday morning, (that’s our “Saturday”) we were headed to the market when John took a different exit and headed into a neighborhood.  To my delight, he stopped at every one we found so I could take pictures…it was like a date.  Two hours later, we finally made it to the market.

 

 

I have inquired about them and found out, not only for the obvious reasons of the need of water in this city ( we have had temperatures at 125 degrees)but why I asked are they sporadically placed around and why are they all so different. These water coolers are donated by individuals or companies.  So it is usually built near

where the donor lives or works and they have a say as to how it looks.

 

We took about 60 pictures….and I have seen many since that are different yet.  John will have to take me out on another date.

0 comments: