Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Home is………

We are in the States for a couple of weeks….I know…how crazy is this???….my stuff just arrived in Kuwait and we left two days later.  John has work related stuff to do, and I am, well, home,  aren’t I?  It  is a wonderful time to catch up with friends and best of all, I have time to visit all the kids and my 9 wonderful grandbabies!  I will be flying  from Rochester to Milwaukee, to Charlotte, to Rochester…..then….home…to Kuwait.  In the past 10 years, we have moved around quite a bit due to my husbands job.  We have lived in Maryland, Mass.,  North Carolina and a few locations in NY state.  I have friends that have lived in the  same area, raised their family in the same house and now those children bring the grandchildren HOME.  I have thought, so very often, of my family spread out and about, and there not being a place to come back to call home. Many tears, feelings of regret, and wishing things were different, I have found comfort in the words from my oldest daughter more than once over the years.  When visiting once again, at another “new home”, she  said to me,  mom,no matter where you live, it always feels like coming home because you are there.”

Home…..its where you are…..where you love, laugh, learn and live! 

2 comments:

Carolyn Abrams said...

Amen to that! Great seeing you Deb! I know our ARC people were thrilled! Enjoy your babies. The Irish have a saying: Safe Home. i'd say that applies perfectly here. :)

Anonymous said...

Indeed, home is where the heart is and that's wherever you are!:) Love ya Sis!